Customer Service Representative
Alaska Marine Lines is the leading marine transportation company providing barge service to and from Alaska and Hawaii. We offer a stable and set work schedule that gives you a life outside of work. Having not had a single layoff in 40+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that can take you to retirement. Competitive pay and great benefits with a solid company that cares about its employees makes AML the place for you.
Alaska Marine Lines is looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join our Customer Service department! Our business continues to grow and we are seeking Customer Service Representatives to fill the Receivers, Billers, and Phones/Email roles.
- Receivers: are experts at helping a truck driver standing in front of them to process their paperwork, while answering the phone and responding to the warehouse via the radio all at the same time...without breaking a sweat!
- Our Phone/Email team: responds to questions ranging from how do I ship my freight to Alaska? Where are you locate? Do I need to crate my boat? with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Billers: specialize in creating bills and invoices to send to our customers by reviewing bills of lading and comparing them to our contracts and tariffs.
Schedule: Monday through Friday with start times between 7am and 8am.
Location: 5615 W Marginal Way SW, Seattle, WA 98108
Our customer service team works on average 45 hours a week which earns you $50K-$60K, with opportunities for bonuses!
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We expect you to show up to work, every day and on time
- Strong work ethic - we work together as a team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service is required
- Windows, Excel, Outlook, keyboarding and ten key proficiency
Paid Time off – start with 17 days paid time off a year (PTO) + additional extended leave paid time
Paid Holidays - 8 paid holiday a year in addition to your PTO (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day)
Health Insurance - medical, dental and vision for as low as $60/month
Health Insurance for your family – we pay 85% of the medical, dental and vision for your family
401(k) with company match + additional annual retirement contribution
Employee assistance program
Life Insurance and AD&D – we pay for at no cost to you
Long term disability – we pay for at no cost to you
Opportunities for internal promotions/career advancement
Family friendly work hours (closed on weekends)
Discretionary Bonus Program, Competitive wages with annual performance and wage reviews
A post conditional offer of employment drug test, and background screen are required. Physical required for certain positions. Random drug testing is required of all Alaska Marine Lines employees.
Alaska Marine Lines is an equal opportunity employer. AML does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship or immigration status, age, national origin, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, gender identity, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, political ideology, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals for protected veterans.
- Job Family 1900-Office Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.50
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- 5615 W Marginal Way SW, Seattle, WA 98106, USA