Knik Construction Co., Inc. is one of the largest and most geographically diverse civil and heavy construction companies in the state of Alaska. We work with DOT Agencies, FAA-regulated airports, boroughs, and privately owned contractors who trust us to ensure jobs run smoothly. An extensive fleet of equipment allows us to work anywhere in Alaska and beyond that is accessible by air, land, and sea on projects of all sizes. As the premier civil and heavy construction company in Alaska, we lead transportation construction and maintenance while producing almost all of our products.
Knik is looking for a Project Engineer experienced in heavy civil construction--Job locations are within Alaska.
- Working knowledge of project plans, specifications, and subcontracts. Work directly with project owner, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Daily requirements are preparation and monitoring of purchase orders, regular correspondence with the Owner’s onsite representative, subcontractors, and suppliers, shop drawings and other submittals, and all other project-related documents.
- Storm Water Pollution and Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Management and oversight of workplace environmental operations.
- Help the project manager to ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries, management of materials, and the documentation of submittals/approvals.
- Project quantity tracking
- Project scheduling according to Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule specification requirements.
- Implement and monitor a traffic control program for the project site.
- Record keeping and cost coding of employee hours and project budget.
- Job site safety management includes working directly with the Company Safety Manager to comply with OSHA, MSHA, and FMCSA.
- Experience in heavy civil construction preferred or enrollment in a construction management program or civil engineering.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel programs.
- Familiarity and experience with scheduling software.
- Familiarity and experience with HCSS HeavyJob are a plus.
- Traffic control supervisor certification.
- State of Alaska Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (AK-CESCL). Excellent communication skills -- written and oral.
- Organized, dependable, proactive, and punctual.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various personality types.
- Flexible and willing to travel to various job sites, mostly in remote Alaska, with potential for other locations.
At Knik Construction Co., Inc., we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law. We are a drug free company and all applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Veterans, Women and underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Job Family 0400-Construction
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Bethel, AK, USA