DATA CENTER SITE MANAGER
Segra is one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US. Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We offer state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions to businesses of all sizes and wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers. Our network features the latest advances in SONET, IP, Ethernet, and dark fiber architectures, as well as high-performance Data Centers throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions.
The Data Center Site Manager has oversight and management responsibility for all DCIM/IT Support Specialists at a particular company site. This person also provides oversight and management for other company sites as needed. The Site Manager works in conjunction with other Team Leads and Site Managers to ensure customer and employee experience continuity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages staff to ensure proper coverage for shift personnel, approves timecards and arranges coverage for PTO/holidays/sick days.
- Works alongside upper management on enterprise-level planning and applications.
- Works closely with management counterparts and upper management to improve current processes and procedures.
- Recruits, interviews and trains new hires.
- Coaches team on documentation, customer service, phone & e-mail etiquette, etc.
- Performs QA reviews. Reports on calls answered, talk time, tickets closed & work time.
- Assists DCIM/IT Support staff as an escalation point.
- Performs DCIM/IT Support Specialist duties as necessary.
- Handles other day-to-day tasks as assigned by management.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or five to seven years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Additional Skills and Proficiencies
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various OS (Mac OS, Windows Server OS, and distros of Linux a plus)
- Experience with Active Directory Management
- Fundamental understanding of basic network functionality and troubleshooting concepts
- Fundamental understanding of networking and security
- Basic knowledge of virtual environments
- Key Competencies:
- Project Management – Develops and coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Is available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interrupt written information.
- Attendance - Adheres to regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
SEGRA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws in employment with or treatment once employed in the company. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. Individuals with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Please inform SEGRA’s personnel if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
NOTHING IN THIS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT SHALL CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
- Job Family 50
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA