FIELD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN I
Who are we?
We are Segra. We are one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern US. Segra has a broad and dense service footprint across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We are known for our future-forward infrastructure and state-of-the-art voice and data technology solutions for businesses and the public sector, as well as wholesale transport services to some of the world’s largest carriers. Our network features the latest advances in, IP, Ethernet, and dark fiber architectures, as well as high performance data centers throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. In addition, our network powers technology solutions such has Hosted Voice, Security and Cloud.
We have engineered our entire company operations to put our customers at the very center of everything we do. We invest in the communities of our customers by hiring locally and continually upgrading our network infrastructure. We have over 900 employees in 90 facilities, including 14 sales offices in 44 markets. We exist purely to help businesses within our footprint be successful. Come join us as we continue to grow and provide our customers a superior customer experience.
Are you ready?
Segra is searching for a dynamic Field Operations Tech I to work in our Charleston, SC, market.
This is an entry-level position paying $19.00/hr.
As part of the Tech Forward Program, the Technician will receive continuing education with on the job training, extensive skills development training, experiential learning, and mentorship from expert technicians/managers.
Technician is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the network, including but not limited to:
- Installing equipment
- Commissioning circuit/node turn-up
- Testing customer premise equipment (ethernet network interface devices, routers, data switches, premise firewalls, IAD’s, hosted phones, ONT’s, preventive maintenance)
- Testing/troubleshooting associated with transport infrastructure, switching infrastructure and IP/data networks
Will perform “on call” duties as required. Interacts with internal and external customers, service technicians, technical support personnel, and other telecom professionals.
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, Associates Degree, or Technical School certifications (industry related).
- Experience: Minimum of 0-1 years’ experience in Telecommunications field or combination of relevant education, experience, or certifications.
- Key Competencies: Excellent driving record; Office 365 suite; resides within 30 minutes of reporting location. Understanding and use of technical documentation.
- Work independently with daily supervision.
- Perform a wide spectrum of simple assignments that require analysis, innovation, and judgement.
- Assume all routine tasks for minor projects and is periodically called upon to make routine decisions.
- Experience with LEC/CLEC Operations
- Experience with Local Loop Distribution/Testing/Repair
- Experience with Cisco, Adtran, and/or Ciena NIDs, routers, switches; IADs, GPON, or ATA’s
- Experience with Ethernet, DS3, DS1, DS0 circuit test equipment
- Experience with low voltage AC/DC power requirements for telecom equipment
Schedule: Mon – Fri with on call rotation
How to apply …
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please visit SEGRA.COM/CAREERS to submit your application and resume.
Segra offers a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, which may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement, Vacation/PTO, Holidays, Personal Days, and more!
Segra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. Segra does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
SEGRA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws in employment with or treatment once employed in the company. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or eliminating any applicant from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. Individuals with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Please inform SEGRA’s personnel if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
NOTHING IN THIS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT SHALL CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charleston, SC, USA