Essential Job Functions:
- Service and repair of all fleet vehicles.
Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil change, replace belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires) on all size vehicles. Must perform per month.
Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical, engine and electrical irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing, transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts.
Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
- Ability to read and understand technical service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges (in English).
- Ability to write work orders, purchase orders.
Ability to communicate verbally (in English) using telephone for ordering parts and supplies.
Possession of valid driver’s license and ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs. in size.
Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
Ability to lift and hold parts in position while lying on back in horizontal position on concrete floor.
Work is performed in a semi-enclosed structure and outdoors. Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel fumes and intermittent high noise exposure.
- Full-time schedule consists of an average of 40 hours per week for a 5-day period.
Essential Duties/Job Qualifications
As part of the qualification process for the Mechanic position, a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) is required. This evaluation requires successful completion of testing in the following areas:
- 25lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 66 inches from the floor (1X)
- 18lbs vertical lift from 1 inch to 44 inches from the floor, and horizontally transfer 15ft (4X)
- 18lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 300ft (1X)
- 50lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 2ft (2X)
- Horizontally transfer 47lbs of force on a sled (single, non-dominant arm), a distance of 1ft (2X)
- Squeeze Jamar Hand Dynamometer requiring forces up to 30lbs / both right & left hands (4X)
- Ascend / Descend a step with heights of 16. 21 & 24 inches from the floor (10X)
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry leading Training and Development
- Job Family Hourly
- Job Function Fleet Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.00
- Required Education High School
- Loomis Armored Orlando, FL, 9031 Tradesport Dr, Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- Orlando, FL, USA