Research Technician I (Eschweiler)
The Eschweiler lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in San Diego is seeking a highly motivated research technician for a position in cancer immunology. The lab employs genomic tools, novel mouse tumor models and computational approaches to understand the immunological basis of cancer.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in biology, biochemistry or related field
- 1-2 years of lab experience in an academic (preferable but not necessary)
- Ability to illustrate the conceptual significance of previous work/training experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate will support active research and day-to-day operations of our research laboratory. We seek candidates who are diligent and extremely meticulous, who display initiative and will be able to contribute intellectually to the project. The candidate will have to routinely process high numbers of samples; therefore, an exceptional level of organization is required for this position.
To apply please review the following papers and submit your CV and Cover Letter in a single file attachment.
- Eschweiler S, et al. Intermittent PI3Kd inhibition sustains anti-tumor immunity and curbs irAEs. Nature, 2022. PMID: 35508656.
- Eschweiler S, et al. Intratumoral follicular regulatory T cells curtail anti-PD-1 treatment efficacy. Nature Immunology, 2021. PMCID: PMC8434898.
- Eschweiler S, et al. JAML immunotherapy targets recently activated tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T cells. Cell Reports, 2023 PMID: 36701231
- Meckiff BJ, et al. Imbalance of Regulatory and Cytotoxic SARS-CoV-2-Reactive CD4+ T Cells in COVID-19. Cell, 2020. PMID: 33096020.
- Clarke J, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of tissue-resident memory T cells in human lung cancer. Journal of Experimental Medicine, 2019. PMCID: PMC6719422
The La Jolla Institute for Immunology, located in the UCSD Science Research Park, offers a collegial work environment that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork and creativity. Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B). In 2017, LJI is ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 21 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $16.64
- Max Hiring Rate $24.13
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA