Postdoctoral Fellow (Eschweiler)
The Eschweiler lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) in San Diego is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher for a position in cancer immunology. The lab employs genomic tools, novel mouse tumor models and computational approaches to understand the immunological basis of cancer.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology or a related field
- Evidence of strong scientific productivity, demonstrated by high-quality research published in peer reviewed journals
- Skills for internal and collaborative projects
- A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to explore different avenues
Strong postdoctoral applicants will have knowledge or skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Tumor immunology & cancer immunotherapy
- In vivo mouse models
- Mouse handling skills & injections (Intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, retroorbital)
- Cell culture of various cancer cell lines & primary cells
- Multi-color flow cytometry (FACS) & cell sorting
- RNA-sequencing & ATAC-sequencing
- Data analysis & interpretation
To apply please review the following papers and submit your CV and Cover Letter in a single file attachment.
- Eschweiler S, et al. Intermittent PI3Kd inhibition sustains anti-tumor immunity and curbs irAEs. Nature, 2022. PMID: 35508656.
- Eschweiler S, et al. Intratumoral follicular regulatory T cells curtail anti-PD-1 treatment efficacy. Nature Immunology, 2021. PMCID: PMC8434898.
- Eschweiler S, et al. JAML immunotherapy targets recently activated tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T cells. Cell Reports, 2023 PMID: 36701231
- Meckiff BJ, et al. Imbalance of Regulatory and Cytotoxic SARS-CoV-2-Reactive CD4+ T Cells in COVID-19.Cell, 2020. PMID: 33096020.
- Clarke J, et al. Single-cell transcriptomic analysis of tissue-resident memory T cells in human lung cancer. Journal of Experimental Medicine, 2019. PMCID: PMC6719422
The La Jolla Institute for Immunology, located in the UCSD Science Research Park, offers a collegial work environment that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork and creativity. Full-time employment at LJI includes a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, paid sick leave, and contributions to a retirement plan (403B). In 2017, LJI is ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 21 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21+ different countries. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function PHD
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,808.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,452.00
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA