The Einav lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is looking for a staff scientist to develop models that harness and augment our antibody response against viruses. Our lab is 100% computational, although we collaborate closely with experimentalists in San Diego and abroad to develop more effective vaccines and treatments.
Immunology is now a data-rich discipline, and the main limitation of modeling efforts is in where and how creatively we apply them. This is where art meets science. We develop tools that combine machine learning and biophysics to predict which vaccine will elicit the strongest, broadest, and longest-lasting response in each person.
- PhD in any quantitative science (such as physics, computer science, statistics, etc.), a PhD in the life sciences with a strong computational/quantitative background, or equivalent expertise from multi-year hands-on experience in these areas. You will acquire any missing domain/biological knowledge with us
- At least three years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent (we support alternative career paths)
- Strong analytical, programming, or machine learning skills are especially valued
- Experience with immunology or virology is valued but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A record of multiple publications
Interested applicants please submit the following in a single attachment:
1. A cover letter describing your background and interest in the position
2. Your CV
3. Contact information for three references
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function PHD
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $76,923.00
- Max Hiring Rate $111,538.00
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA