Postdoctoral Fellow (Sharma Lab)
The Sharma Lab at La Jolla Institute for Immunology in La Jolla, San Diego is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to study immune metabolism in the context of cancer immunology and immunotherapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work in our lab focuses on applying fundamental immunology and molecular biology techniques e.g. flow cytometry, transcriptomics and proteomics/biochemistry to validate new metabolic targets for cancer immunotherapy. Work focuses on studying human bio-samples and murine models of cancer immunotherapy. The ultimate goal of our research is to define immune-metabolic targets affecting tumor immunity, which can be targeted for intelligent design of metabolic reprogramming of the tumor.
Candidates must have:
● PhD or MD/PhD
● Expertise in fundamental immunology or cancer immunology.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills and collaborative abilities, as we work with collaborators at Moores Cancer Center, UCSD and other national and international institutes.
● Experience and interest in fundamental immunology, molecular biology, metabolism/metabolomics, transcriptomics, and data analysis
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit the following in a single attachment:
1. A brief cover letter relating how your talents fulfill the criteria for this position
2. Your resume/CV
3. A minimum of two references (three preferred)
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function PHD
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,808.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,452.00
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA