Senior Commissioning Agent - ICS
Responsible for execution of building commissioning process including new, retro, recommissioning, and continuous commissioning. Candidate should be familiar with construction administration process, sustainable design documentation process such as LEED, ASHRAE Level 1, 2, 3 Audits, WELL and B3. Certifications in measurement and verification techniques a plus.
Hire location is flexible, most desirable would be Minneapolis, followed by Fargo, then Duluth. The job is mostly on site, majority of work would be in Minneapolis, Duluth, and Fargo areas.
- Manage and execute commissioning services for large and complex projects across the region.
- Primarily HVAC related but will also include plumbing, electrical distribution, lighting, fire alarm, security, nurse call and other systems.
- Attend meetings with design and construction team to understand project goals and schedule to ensure commission activities are completed on time and on-task with project schedule.
- Support in obtaining sustainability certifications such as B3, LEED, etc.
- Support business development, developing value-added opportunities.
- Review equipment submittals and shop drawings for overall compliance with the design intent, owner’s requirements, and function testing requirements.
- Perform pre-functional inspections and field observations of equipment and systems. Assist in resolution of problems that would inhibit timely start-up of equipment.
- Write pre-functional and functional test procedures based upon industry standards.
- Perform functional testing of building MEP systems with or without assistance of installing contractors to determine that the equipment is functioning in accordance with the design documents.
- Help team diagnose and resolve equipment and/or system problems. Coordinate retesting of building system until problems are resolved.
- Attendance and regional industry conferences, keeping up with emerging systems technology.
- Participate in owners’ operation and maintenance staff training. Review operating modes, sequences of operations and specifics of equipment, operations, and maintenance.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of Cx experience
- Strong at facilitation, team building, and collaboration in a construction environment.
- Robust project and client management experience.
- Preferred credentials but not required:
- AABC Commissioning Agent (CxA) or (BCxA), ASHRAE Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP), (CCP) or NEBB Building Systems Commissioning Certification (BSC).
- Degree in engineering, environmental science, architecture, or related field.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP)
Additional Qualifications & Attributes:
- Desire to further develop knowledge, skills and abilities and advance in the commissioning industry.
- Desire to mentor others.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within the role.
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision. Frequent walking and standing will be required, as well as, occasional climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Duluth, MN, USA
- Fargo, ND, USA
- ICS, 1331 Tyler Street NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
- ICS, 2201 12 Street North, Fargo, North Dakota, United States of America
- ICS, 525 South Lake Avenue, Duluth, Minnesota, United States of America
- Minneapolis, MN, USA