Project Director - ICS
Introduction: ICS is a rapidly growing solutions-based consulting firm, specializing in strategic planning, design, and commercial construction. In our Media, PA location, ICS leads a family of companies for our parent company LEGENCE. ICS and LEGENCE leads the renewable energy space with more than 10M square feet of net zero buildings.
At ICS, we pride ourselves on our ability to meet the differing needs of our varied clients. To suit our clients’ needs, we offer a full range of delivery methods, from traditional design-bid-build projects, turnkey design-build energy projects, Energy as a Service and renewable energy solutions. In all of our delivery methods, ICS can serve as program manager, construction manager as advisor, owner’s representative, or combination of all three.
At ICS, we also care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and the communities in which we live, work, and play. This translates into an unparalleled work environment that thrives on honesty, service, quality, innovation, and personal and professional growth. Through our mission and vision, and a culture shaped by our values, we believe our commitment to our employees will provide our clients and communities with leaders committed to making a meaningful impact to those around us.
ICS is seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated, and client-focused Director of Construction to lead our growing implementation team of professionals out of our Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia) office.
Job Summary: The Project Director is responsible to serve as a main point-of-contact for clients while also leading and mentoring team of project managers. The Project Director ensures that assigned projects are successful by working with clients, contractors, partners, and internal team in following standards, practices, and schedules that result in value-added projects being on-time, on budget and ultimately forming lasting relationships with our customers. Position is responsible to support the project development process and transition and manage the overall pre-construction and construction process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support internal project development team to ensure necessary estimates, project budgets, scopes, schedules, and structure is available.
- Work with client and internal team to ensure project planning, expectations, resources, and support are in place and ready for project kick-off.
- Attend project meetings such as construction meetings, design meetings, board meetings, and project oversight meetings as required per project and project team. Ensure continuous and ongoing communication with client.
- Critical oversight of project budgets ensuring they are on task and on budget on regular basis.
- Reconcile total project budget(s) with all project related costs.
- Ensure proper management of all contractual documentation.
- Proactive oversight of project schedules and management of project controls and contracts, ensuring proper support and resources are available for necessary phases in projects.
- Oversight and quality review of construction documents.
- Effectively resolve any project conflicts or challenges. Work with project partners (clients, contractors, architects, engineers) and internal team to ensure proper resolution of project challenges.
- Ensure proper process, standards, documentation, and safety protocol are followed by project teams.
- Perform all Project Management duties as required per project and project team.
- Effectively manage and lead team of project managers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Problems and solutions are unique and unpredictable but are similar to those previously encountered. Solutions require judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results and/or coordinating with others.
Supervision is present to review and collaborate on established organization objectives.
Independent judgment is required to analyze problems and perform needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is used. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policies and procedures to the supervisor.
Decision making impacts multiple departments, the organization, and areas outside of organization.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some connectedness across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and processes.
This position is expected to work in the office, when not out on site. If work from home is needed, it must be approved by manager.
- Mentoring and manages a team
- Holding team and team leaders accountable
- Providing reviews
- Financial Oversight of Project
- Assisting with major project concerns or client issues
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- 15+ years in industry-related project management role.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to influence and convey project expectations and updates to project team, partners, and clients.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
- Must hold valid driver’s license
- Ability to attend project-related meetings outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to lead and manage a cohesive team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in estimating and project management software.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Position requires regular sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, and vision. Position frequently requires climbing/balancing and reaching with arms and hands. Position occasionally requires kneeling and crouching and the ability to lift and carry over 20 lbs.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- ICS, 280 N. Providence Rd, Media, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Media, PA 19063, USA