Mechanical EIT - CMTA Midwest
This position will perform routine engineering assignments under supervision by a knowledgeable mentor in the field. The Mechanical EIT will be responsible for mechanical system design, client meetings, equipment selection, construction observation, and other mechanical engineering responsibilities based on extent of knowledge with final approval from manager on majority of responsibilities. This position will collaborate with mechanical team members to ensure projects move forward smoothly while gaining knowledge and experience in the mechanical department. This position will be a growing experience with more duties and responsibilities assigned as experience is gained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly complete load calculations and select equipment for specific projects.
- Occasionally required presence onsite and attendance at construction meetings to observe and report technical findings.
- Professionally interact with mechanical team, other disciplines, and clients as needed.
- Efficiently develop and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines.
- Seek mentorship and support to guarantee a successful design and project completion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- EIT is required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Working towards P.E. licensure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on a team and listen carefully.
- Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally in the engineering field.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and build a trusting relationship with clients and owners.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines require.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
Problems and solutions are unique and unpredictable, but are similar to those previously encountered. Solutions require judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results and/or coordinating with others.
Initially performs tasks under frequent supervision; work is initially subject to detailed checks at regular intervals. As experience progresses, it is expected that less direct supervision is necessary.
Independent judgment is required to analyze problems and perform needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment is used. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policies and procedures to the supervisor. Recommendations to create efficiencies within work procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged. Decision making impacts department.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some connectedness across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and processes.
This position will not supervise.
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision. Frequent walking will be required as well as occasional standing, climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fargo, ND, USA