Senior Design Engineer - SC Engineers
17075 Via Del Campo, San Diego, CA 92127, USA Req #790
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
SC Engineers, a Legence company
SC Engineers, founded in San Diego, California, in 2004, is an industry leader in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) planning and design, energy efficiency, building automation, and total building commissioning. Spanning a variety of sectors, including healthcare, education, government, defense, and technology, SC Engineers provides specialized expertise and a collaborative approach to every project, making them an integrated and valued business partner of their clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join our San Diego, CA Team. Applicants should have recent, demonstrated experience in mechanical design and project management for private and public sector facilities projects.
- Field investigation
- Preparation of calculations, reports, specifications, and presentations
- Preparation of responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Selection of equipment
- Production of Mechanical and Plumbing drawings
- Construction administration
- On-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Client relationship management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering; required (Other Engineering degrees acceptable if proven experience in similar mechanical role)
- Minimum of four years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the built environment industry; required
- Thorough knowledge of building mechanical, plumbing, DDC, and energy systems
- Thorough knowledge of California Building Codes and Title 24; desired
- EIT; desired
- Professional Engineer’s License (Mechanical); desired
- USGBC LEED Accredited Professional (AP) certification; desired
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.
- Pay Type Salary
- 17075 Via Del Campo, San Diego, CA 92127, USA