· Must have a high school diploma or an equivalent GED.
· Must have a dependable vehicle and access to a back-up vehicle with proof of insurance licensed to do business in the state of Virginia. A valid VA driver’s license in good standing.
· Must have an active working smartphone.
· Capable of using Microsoft Office.
· Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and able to walk and climb stairs at an average rate of speed for an active adult.
· Dependability is the key in order to maintain this position. Completing route assignments on time is a must. Frequent absence or tardiness and the inability to complete route deliveries in an acceptable amount of time will result in immediate termination.
· Will report directly to the Regional Manager and must be willing to work in any part of our distribution area in Metro Richmond and the surrounding counties.
· Will primarily be responsible for route delivery daily which includes our home delivery, single copy and TMC routes.
· From time to time this position will also train prospective carriers on a delivery route as designated by the Regional Manager.
· When not delivering newspaper routes this position will assist with the day to day operations of the distribution center which may include distributing paperwork, bundles of newspapers and cleaning up the warehouse.
· Work schedule/hours – 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. 5 days per week for a total of 25 hours per week
Position will operate on a rotating day off schedule Monday through Saturday (mon/tue, wed/thu, fri/sat)
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a major subscription and advertising platform and a leading provider of local news and information, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 75 markets in 26 states. Year to date, Lee's newspapers have an average daily circulation of 1.0 million, and our legacy websites, including acquisitions, reach more than 34 million digital unique visitors.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If
you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Circulation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Richmond, VA, USA