The Grand Island Independent, a Lee Enterprises, Inc. paper is seeking a FT evening Packaging Supervisor, who is responsible for quality, timely and smooth nightly operations such as packaging and inserting newspapers. This key position as a working supervisor will provide leadership to the night employees who perform these functions in a regional printing press shop responsible for printing multiple newspapers for the region.
This position is responsible to:
- Prepare nightly paperwork, reports, and tracking documents
- Set up equipment such as inserter machine hoppers, compressors, stackers, conveyors and Mirasert
- Clean and lubricate machines and equipment
- Receive freight, stage pallets of print products, print and set up mail tags, mail sacking and label marking
- Monitor preprints and Miracom file movement, mark and sort bundle tops, label files and printing
- Tag/date incoming preprints, ensure packaging work floor is smooth and deadlines are met
This is a great opportunity to make in a difference in the community and region for subscribers who rely on local news to be informed. Lee Enterprises, Inc. offers an attractive and affordable benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, STD, LTD, and EAP. Lee’s 401K program contains employer contributions. Lee’s time off program is generous and includes paid parental leave for new parents.
If you have the talent we are looking for and want to join a leader in media apply via lee.net/careers/ and search for Grand Island. We support career growth opportunities!
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All offers are contingent upon candidates passing a post-offer 4-panel drug screen, MVR check, and background check. We participate in E-Verify.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Hourly
- Grand Island, NE, USA
- The Grand Island Independent, 422 W 1St St, Grand Island, Nebraska, United States of America