Mobile Marketing Manager
Davenport, IA, USA ● Virtual Req #16545
Friday, February 3, 2023
Lee Enterprises is a major subscription and advertising platform and a leading provider of local news and information, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products, and over 350 weekly and specialty publications serving 77 markets in 26 states. Year to date, Lee’s newspapers have an average circulation of 1.0 million, and our legacy website, including acquisitions, reaches more than 47 million unique digital visitors. Lee’s markets include St. Louis, MO; Buffalo, NY; Omaha, NE; Richmond, VA; Lincoln, NE; Madison, WI; Davenport, IA; and Tucson, AZ. Lee Common Stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol LEE. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Lee Enterprise organization and brands are embarking on ambitious journeys to deliver the most compelling local news experience by getting our products into more consumers' households. We believe that by listening to and championing the consumer, we can transform our industry by delivering big ideas that make emotional connections and inspire movements.
We are looking for a dynamic and data-driven Mobile Marketing Manager to drive our mobile app strategy to deliver personalized commerce and content experience for our engaged users. This role requires experience overseeing mobile apps, strong communication skills, and relies on managing relationships with internal and external partners. You will work closely with the Digital Strategy, Product, and Technology teams and report directly to the Lifecycle Marketing Director.
● Develop engagement and retention strategies across Lee’s mobile ecosystem (News+ app and SMS).
● Utilize CRM/CDP segmentation to develop a better understanding of our consumers and create targeted consumer journeys through app campaigns and SMS.
● Develop campaign strategies based on SMART goals to measure across key KPIs (App Install, DAU/MAU, and other engagement metrics).
● Participate in the development of CRM initiatives with a customer-centric, loyalty-based approach.
● Support campaign planning, briefing, creative development, and production to measure and evaluate through multiple channels.
● Partner with external and internal teams to develop a deep understanding of results and provide synthesized learnings and implications for CRM activities.
● Drive users back into the funnel with an emphasis on driving engagement, subscriptions, revenue, and customer lifetime value.
● Partner with the brand strategy team to leverage content and other materials to drive customer loyalty.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree from a recognized 4-year college or university
● Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Mobile/Apps, Email Marketing, Retention, CRM, Loyalty, or other related functions.
● Experience with CDP software a requirement (Adobe, Segment, Etc.).
● Experience with ESP software a requirement (Customer.IO, Listrak, etc.)
● Experience working for/with the direct-to-consumer division of a multi-channel retailer or subscription-based e-commerce business preferred.
● A strategic mindset, and passion for innovation, agile responsiveness, conversion rate optimization, website testing, and driving results
● Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency. Ability to think creatively and strategically
● Proven experience working directly with senior leadership teams, including cross-functional leaders, presenting, and communicating recommendations and results
Pay: $60,000 - $80,000 based on experience
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. Options also include health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and transit/parking accounts. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. Employees are eligible for 7 recognized company paid holidays each year. We also offer a generous flexible time off policy to allow employee to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Davenport, IA, USA