Night Packaging Supervisor
The Quad-City Times is looking for a hands-on Supervisor for our Packaging Department. This is a night-time role working from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. including weekends. This position requires some experience in distribution processes and equipment as well as strong supervisory skills, excellent organizational skills and good people skills. Applicants must have a demonstrated proficiency in quality control, equipment maintenance and staff development.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, control waste and produce quality work.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate orally in conversation both in person and by telephone.
- Strong people skills and the ability to interact with others and remain focused while dealing with multiple objectives and timelines.
- The ability to work in a team setting, developing and motivating people, and embrace the concept of teamwork.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
- Mechanical and troubleshooting abilities
- A valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
As part of Lee Enterprises, the Quad-City Times offers a professional work environment, a focus on growth opportunities for employees and a full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Davenport, IA, USA