Cook - West Valley (Surprise) - Housing Assistance Center
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
New Leaf’s West Valley Housing Assistance Center located in Surprise will offer emergency housing in 7 apartment-style units to families and individuals experiencing homelessness.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16
Location: Surprise, AZ
Schedule: Monday- Friday 10am -6:30pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Meal and snack preparation for clients and staff as required by program or requested by administration.
- Transport food to programs.
- Supervise kitchen and provide clean-up following license standards.
- Prepare meals according to established weekly menus approved by nutritionist.
- May prepare meals for Agency functions as requested.
- Complete grocery and other shopping accordingly to program protocol and maintaining program budget.
- Formulate dietary planning and preparation; including, special dietary needs of clients.
- Maintain current and accurate information on food and nutrition.
- Attend and actively contribute to cook meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Responsible for the Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP); including, documenting meal counts, completing production worksheets, serving nutritious meals and snacks, and completing clean up.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years experience
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Surprise, AZ, USA