A New Leaf's Autumn House is a 24-hour crisis program for victims of domestic violence. Autumn House serves single individuals as well as adults with children who require temporary shelter and support as a result of violence in the home. Services include Crisis hotline, Information, referral assistance and resources, Basic needs assistance, Domestic violence education and safety planning, Empowerment through self-awareness classes, Case Management, Goal setting, and Advocacy and GED preparation, Employment Assistance, Financial Literacy.
This role will coordinate services with community providers to support clients as they work towards their goals, as well as maintaining existing community partner relations and establishing new community partnerships.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
- High School or GED required.
- Associate or bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Bilingual verbally in Spanish, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with domestic violence population, in shelters, or other closely related human services experience; OR relevant higher education courses may be substituted for experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Case Management required.
- 2+ years supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
- Motivational interviewing skills preferred.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Role model appropriate behaviors to callers on the hotline and clients in the shelter, at all times, utilizing trauma informed principles and practices.
- Participate in staff interviewing, hiring, transfers, terminations and training with the Human Resources Department.
- Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as statistics reports, daily activities, upcoming events, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program and submit to appropriate personnel.
- Participate in performance evaluations and staff disciplinary actions with the Manager.
- Perform program and facility orientation; including but not limited to, training staff on their duties and responsibilities at shelter and on the hotline.
- Perform initial psychosocial assessments and develop FOCUS plans for all clients aged 18 and over within 72 business hours of their arrival.
- Assist shelter service team in completing all necessary documentation as required by funding and contractual requirements.
- In conjunction with the case management team, ensure each client is provided with individual case management weekly and ensure progress notes at each meeting are completed.
- Discuss various topics with clients, as requested and appropriate to client needs. These may include topics such as: self-esteem, domestic violence education, impact of trauma, resiliency, healthy relationships, etc.
- Assist in providing group supervision to all staff in order to enhance their knowledge of service direction and goals while working with clients.
- Attend weekly administrative meetings, participate in case staffing and provide technical direction for Case Managers including co-facilitation of weekly staff meetings.
- Work with case managers and interns to ensure that all documentation and paperwork is submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in "on call" rotation for the shelter as required by Manager.
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current auto liability insurance
- Clean 39-month motor vehicle record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Salary
- Mesa, AZ, USA