A New Leaf's Autumn House is a 24-hour crisis program for victims of domestic violence. Autumn House serves single individuals as well as adults with children who require temporary shelter and support as a result of violence in the home. Services include Crisis hotline, Information, referral assistance and resources, Basic needs assistance, Domestic violence education and safety planning, Empowerment through self-awareness classes, Case Management, Goal setting, and Advocacy and GED preparation, Employment Assistance, Financial Literacy. This role will coordinate services with community providers to support clients as they work towards their goals, as well as maintaining existing community partner relations and establishing new community partnerships.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.00
Schedule: Sunday – Wednesday, 11am – 9pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
- High School or GED required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Verbally bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population, preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Role model appropriate behaviors to callers on the hotline and clients in the shelter, at all times, utilizing trauma informed principles and practices.
- Answer crisis hotline calls, properly process, and document calls according to procedure.
- Provide crisis intervention, domestic violence information, and resources and referral services to callers on the crisis hotline and to clients at the shelter.
- Perform screenings, lethality assessments, and basic needs assessments for potential clients according to procedure. Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation to incoming clients. Assist with client intake/exit paperwork as needed.
- Provide supportive services to clients in shelter and assist case managers with client needs.
- Establish/maintain client files, documentation and requesting paperwork; filing all documentation in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
- Access community resources to support the coordination of services for clients.
- Assist with organization and distribution of food boxes and donations. Assist with inventory of supplies, including but not limited to clothing, hygiene items, food, and office supplies.
- Assist and support individual and group volunteers during shift hours.
- Review all communication sources (emails, shift reports, logs, staff meeting notes, etc.) to stay up to date on milieu, structure, changes, events, and client/program needs.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Clean 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Be at least 21-years of Age
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA