Overnight Shelter Advocate
A New Leaf’s Faith House Crisis Shelter is a safe haven for people trying to escape a domestic violence situation. Survivors can recover from sexual assault and homelessness. As the longest operating domestic violence shelter in Arizona, Faith House has a long legacy of service to survivors in need.
With a home-like feel, the shelter always prioritizes safety and comfort. Security is a top priority, with staff working round the clock to protect survivors. The shelter is hosted at a confidential location with onsite security precautions and a gated entry. By providing a strong foundation, the shelter helps survivors find hope and healing as they move forward with the next chapter of their lives.
Hourly Pay Rate: $17.35 - $21.00 DOE
Schedule: Sunday - Wednesday, 9pm – 7am
- High School or GED required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Role model appropriate behaviors to callers on the hotline and clients in the shelter, at all times, utilizing trauma informed pricnciples and practices.
- Perform screenings, lethality assessments and basic needs assessments for potential clients according to procedure.
- Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation to incoming clients. Assist with client intake/exit paperwork as needed.
- Establish/maintain client files, documentation and requesting paperwork; filing all documentation in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
- Maintain ability to drive agency passenger van to transport clients and complete other duties, as needed and/or drive personal vehicle to conduct program business (mail runs, grocery shopping, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining program appearance through cleaning and organizing internal/external offices, property, equipment, and agency vehicles. Report repairs and maintenance needs as appropriate.
- Stock and organize supply closet.
- Assist with inventory of supplies, including but not limited to clothing, hygiene items, food, and office supplies.
- Prepare and/or assist with meal/snack preparation, serving, and cleanup.
- Monitor security of the property by completing regular grounds checks.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card Valid
- Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Clean 39-Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Glendale, AZ, USA