Operations Support Coordinator
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Job Title: Operations Support Specialist
Class: Non-Exempt 8
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Central time
Location: Rockford office
Other: This is 100% in office position with no remote or hybrid possibility
The Operations Support Coordinator is the first-line of support and issue resolution for high priority and critical operational issues. In this position you will provide ongoing guidance and education to independent sales agents, truck capacity and customers. You will provide support when they call or email Landstar with operational issues. An effective team member is flexible & knows the value of adjusting approach based on various conditions or circumstances in a high-paced environment. You will also utilize independent thinking and problem-solving skills to complete thorough investigations to bring issues to a final resolution in a timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manage inbound and outbound call and email queue, to drive timely issue resolution
- Accurately complete LSIR (Landstar Service Incident Report) on all qualifying service issues.
- Mediate service disputes involving agents, capacity and customers following established processes.
- Investigate issues to determine root cause.
- Counsel, educate and advise Landstar agents and capacity on best operational practices.
- Administer corrective action when warranted including issuing formal Service Incident write ups requiring a documented corrective action plan up to termination.
- Administer settlement adjustments as required.
- Approve and issue company funds, as needed.
- Assist as needed with loads crossing US/Canadian border, in-bond shipments and to ensure compliance with Customs Border Patrol.
- Achieve S.M.A.R.T. goals set forth by management.
- Support special projects as requested.
- Work Saturdays and holidays as scheduled and overtime as required.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company’s policies, practices, and procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic geographical knowledge of North America.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience handling high volume calls while multi-tasking.
- Strong researching, negotiating and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good typing skills, 35+ WPM.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Desirable Soft Skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to evaluate a situation in a logical manner, applying creative and abstract thinking to process information for resolution.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous customer service experience in a similar position
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Belvidere, IL 61008, USA
- Byron, IL 61010, USA
- Cherry Valley, IL, USA
- Davis Junction, IL 61020, USA
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
- Loves Park, IL, USA
- Machesney Park, IL, USA
- Monroe Center, IL 61052, USA
- Ogle County, IL, USA
- Pecatonica, IL 61063, USA
- Rockford, IL, USA
- Rockton, IL, USA
- Roscoe, IL, USA
- Stillman Valley, IL 61084, USA
- Winnebago County, IL, USA
- Winnebago, IL 61088, USA