Sterling B2B Developer, Programmer, (RPG)
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
LANDSTAR SYSTEM, INC.
Job Title: B2B Programmer Analyst II - RPG
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: B2B Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Design, develop, configure, deploy and support technology solutions serving the transportation industry.
· Work within a collaborative team environment to design, develop, configure, deploy, and support technology solutions.
· Partner with product owners, business analysts, and other IT personnel to determine end-user needs.
· Design, build, own, and support technology products that meet business needs and adhere to department standards of design, quality, security, performance, supportability and maintainability.
· Assist users by analyzing complex problems and clarifying program objectives.
· Produce knowledge base documentation for the ongoing support of technology solutions.
· Troubleshoot operational problems and restore to normal condition. Maintain a 24/7 state of operational readiness.
· Participate in design and code reviews.
· Assist in deployment and support of technology.
· Participate as an active learner of new technologies as introduced into the technical roadmap
· Excellent analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to develop small to medium systems with minimal supervision.
· Ability to identify multiple ways to deliver technical solutions and articulate relative strengths and weaknesses of the choices.
· Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
· Experience with Agile development practices.
· Knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics, preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferred
· Minimum Experience: 3 or more years of related professional experience
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
· Satisfy agents, customers and carriers through progressive delivery of valuable B2B integrations
· Collaborate with trading partners to refine requirements and deliver quality integrations
· Design, build, test, deploy, support and own integrations
· Configure, maintain, tune, and monitor integration technology
· Troubleshoot communications, translations, integrations and application performance issues
· Partner with other IT teams (architecture, development, support) to build solutions
· Research, design, recommend and implement integration patterns, frameworks and technology
· Help evolve and maintain an effective technology and development environment
· Create and present proposals, participate in sessions with business leaders and customers
· Create and track project roadmaps, estimate resource requirements and define approaches
· Author use case, tasks, solution docs, change requests and strategic plans
· Assist with transitioning legacy integrations (Gentran to Sterling B2B Integrator/Mulesoft)
· Proactively stay abreast of industry trends and stay curious
· Collaborate with integration team developers
· Mandatory experience with RPG(RPGLE) and CL programming on the IBMi, development, testing, and support.
· Experience delivering B2B integrations
· Familiar with design patterns, architectures and integration technologies that go beyond point-to-point integrations and allow for more reuse and flexibility
· Experience with setup/troubleshooting of communication (i.e. SFTP, AS2, HTTPS - SSL/TLS)
· Advanced experience with B2B/EDI terminology and data standards (X.12, EDI, XML, JSON)
· Familiar using Java, XPath, XSLT, SOAP, REST, SQL
· Experienced with IBMi, CL, Pathfinder, and Robot.
· Ability to work independently, focus on details, set priorities and meet deadlines
· Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with vendors, business and IT partners
· Ability to understand the basic testing process, including unit, integration, regression, defects, and rework. Higher understanding of the customer integration testing and rework processes.
· Hands-on experience with Sterling B2B Integrator BP and mapping stack
· Understanding of Sterling B2B Integrator frameworks, like Lightwell, preferred
· Experience with IBM Sterling Integrator Cluster environments
· Experience with Gentran, Microsoft SQL Server, and IBMi(iSeries), required
· Knowledge of transportation industry
· Administrative support of Core B2B applications during off hour periods and role swaps.
· Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America