10458 - Dir., Trailer Maintenance - 381-Trailer Maintenance
What is Landstar?
At Landstar, we stand for safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered by a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, while providing an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar relies on the expertise, hard work, and dedication of our employees to exceed the expectations of those we serve. We have a highly diverse workforce that welcomes employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar is a great place to work if you want to be part of a top-notch freight transportation provider with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow.
We pride ourselves in providing multiple opportunities for growth and development. When we have a position to fill, we first tap into our internal talent. We encourage continuous learning through various courses, webinars, and other training, to help employees improve their knowledge and develop new skills. With competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more, Landstar employees are well supported as reflected in our employees’ longevity!
At the end of the day, Landstar is an amazing place to work with a positive and enriching workplace culture.
What work will I perform at Landstar?
The Director for Trailer Maintenance is a big responsibility. You will be responsible for managing the 3rd largest budget at Landstar plus 15,000+ pieces of equipment. In addition to the budgetary and equipment management, you will be managing a team of supervisors and coordinators and they will be looking to you for leadership. This role requires you to negotiate with vendors for maintenance repairs, parts and for the purchase of new trailers and you will need to know what data you need to help you make your decisions.
Responsibilities of the role
- Creation and management of department daily, weekly and monthly budget
- Ensure department operates within established budget
- Responsible for decision making process concerning maintenance issues, set policy and procedures
- Resolve customer, Agent and BCO conflicts as appropriate
- Ensure daily and monthly reports are established, maintained and reported as necessary
- Evaluate all aspects of department for improvement and/or root cause analysis
- Process Development and Improvement
- Responsible for trailer maintenance issues
- Responsible for acquisition and sale of company controlled trailing equipment
- Responsible for tire purchase and maintenance procurement programs for company controlled trailers
- Responsible for accurate and timely vendor payment associated with maintenance related invoices for company controlled trailers
- Responsible for vendor management
- Work with Compliance on joint issues
- Analyze department data to control cost in comparison to budget
What you need to bring to Landstar
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Strong grasp of financial management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Working knowledge of computer software applications, Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prior supervisory experience is required
- Occasional travel
- Preferred but not required:
- Proficient in maintenance procedures of trailer equipment, preferred
- Knowledge of DOT trailer regulations, helpful
- Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), required; Bachelor's level degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and six years related experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America