Audit Manager - Internal Audit
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Jacksonville, FL 32224
** No business travel required
What is Landstar?
At Landstar, we stand for safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered by a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, while providing an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
What work will I perform at Landstar?
- Primary oversite and project manager for company Sarbanes Oxley audit program, ensures work meets deadlines and accuracy expectations. Manages direct report staff members in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, motivates and leads team to achieve goals.
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit in:
- Development and completion of the annual audit plan
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of SOX, financial reporting, IT and Operations controls and procedures
- Concluding over the company’s financial statements and compliance with other external and internal requirements
- Development of Audit test programs in compliance with the audit scope and objective
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - fluent in English
- Superb interpersonal skills fostering a collaborative and productive work environment
- Proactively seeks continuous process and service improvements
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What you need to bring to Landstar
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or related concentration.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor preferred, or on track for CPA and/or CIA
- Minimum Experience: Two to three years as a senior/lead auditor and team management role
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar relies on the expertise, hard work and dedication of our employees to exceed expectations of those we serve. We have a highly diverse workforce that welcomes employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar is a great place to work if you want to be part of a top-notch freight transportation provider with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow.
We pride ourselves with providing multiple opportunities for growth and development. When we have a position to fill, we first tap into our internal talent. We encourage continuous learning through various courses, webinars, and other training, to help employees improve their knowledge and develop new skills. With competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more, Landstar employees are well supported as reflected in our employees’ longevity!
At the end of the day, Landstar is an amazing place to work with a positive and enriching workplace culture.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America