Staff Writer/Social Media - Corporate Communications
Corporate Staff Writer & Social Media Specialist
We’re looking for an experienced, well-versed writer who can turn a blank page into a compelling magazine article, a fact-based case study, an award-winning entry, a catchy blog post, a shareable social media post, an executive-level speech or a newsworthy press release. Yes, you’ve gotta love writing! And, you also need to love researching, interviewing, fact-checking and editing. Being a stickler for spelling, grammar, punctuation, Associated-Press Stylebook rules and deadlines also is a must.
In addition to creating and editing content, the Corporate Staff Writer & Social Media Specialist is responsible for the corporate social media channels/groups and supports all communications initiatives for the brand as part of the Corporate Communications department.
- Conduct research and interview sources for the basis of unique content
- Create well-written original copy for various long-form and short-form materials – articles, case studies, website/blog, scripts, brochures, videos, presentations, etc.
- Assist in managing other writers, contributors, freelancers – when necessary
- Check facts, edit copy and provide communications expertise in support of other departments
- Manage social media channels, blogs, and portals, including posting content, conducting analytics, maintaining subscribers, responding to and interacting with followers
- Work with community and industry media/journalists, as needed, to get coverage of press releases and conduct interviews
- Provide a variety of corporate communications support for the company
- Maintain strict confidentiality, and uphold quality processes, policies and protocols
- Exercise sound independent judgement
- Establish and maintain positive relationships
Required duties and skills:
- Excellent interviewing, writing and editing skills; trained in journalistic style writing
- Proficiency in managing social media channels and websites
- Expert knowledge of Associated Press Style writing and grammar
- Superb interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and related software
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
Five (5) years of related work experience, either in news media, agency or corporate setting
Salary and benefits:
Annual salary for this non-exempt position is commensurate with experience. Salary range - mid 60s to mid 70s.
Landstar also offers healthcare and dental insurance, pet insurance, paid vacation and flexible time, and company-match 401(k) retirement plans. This position is located at Landstar’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida, and is currently a hybrid work setting in accordance to company policies, which are subject to change.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America