Director, Insurance Administration - 3rd Party Programs
Landstar is a Fortune 500 company and is headquartered in Jacksonville.
Location: Jacksonville Office
The Director of Insurance Administration – 3rd Party Programs is responsible for overseeing the Company's existing 3rd party reinsurance programs as well as developing additional value added and profitable 3rd party programs. The Director will be responsible for the administration, management and awareness of the Company’s High Value Trip Transit Program (HVTT). The position will also be charged with managing the company insurance certificates, policies and cards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee the Company’s existing 3rd party insurance programs including but not limited to:
- Physical Damage
- Occupational Accident
- Fleet Workers Compensation
- Canadian Auto
- Subject Matter Expert for all 3rd Party Insurance Programs
- Prepare, review and analyze 3rd Party Insurance Program reporting
- Develop enhanced reporting and analytics specific to 3rd Party Programs and Insurance Administration Department.
- Develop and manage to an annual budget specific to area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform pricing and profitability analysis of 3rd Party Programs and formulate ideas and opportunities for improvement.
- Research new 3rd party programs and develop business plan(s) for proposed additional 3rd party insurance lines.
- Present to executive team on various insurance related responsibilities
- Lead and manage team responsible for administering the High Value Trip Transit (HVTT) insurance program, insurance certificates, policies and cards.
- Responsible for employee training, development and improvement.
- Drive process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Collaborate with departments and/or outside vendors to resolve challenges as well as capitalize on opportunities.
- Serve as the liaison to brokers and insurance underwriters for 3rd Party Programs.
- Develop, implement and oversee systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Collect, evaluate, maintain and oversee data concerning frequency and severity of claim matters and other risk-related data specific to 3rd Party Programs.
- Investigate and analyze root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in material events.
- Identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting of incidents, claims, claim payments and reserves.
- Ensure that all Certificates of Insurance and insurance cards are processed and mailed timely.
- Oversee insurance administration services for Landstar's independent contractors, agents and customers;
- Other duties, as assigned.
This job has direct supervisory responsibility over the Insurance Administration Department and all applicable policies of the organization and laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Extensive knowledge of insurance and risk management, required
Transportation industry risk management, preferred
Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis, and data presentation
Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and accreditation standards
Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial analysis
Understanding of internal controls and procedures
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word, required
Read and interpret legal documentation, contracts
Project Management experience, preferred
Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and as a team member
Strong research, problem solving, critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and presentation skills, required
Management experience, required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, preferred; five or more years of relevant and progressively more responsible work experience including management experience, required. Insurance certifications are a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
MBA and/or CPA preferred, not required.
Continuing education, such as seminars and conferences that provide content specific to responsibilities, strongly encouraged upon employment in this position. Insurance certifications preferred, not required.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Risk Management, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America