50521 - Operator Compliance Specialist - 425
What is Landstar?
At Landstar, we stand for safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered by a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, while providing an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar relies on the expertise, hard work and dedication of our employees to exceed expectations of those we serve. We have a highly diverse workforce that welcomes employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar is a great place to work if you want to be part of a top-notch freight transportation provider with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow.
We pride ourselves with providing multiple opportunities for growth and development. When we have a position to fill, we first tap into our internal talent. We encourage continuous learning through various courses, webinars, and other training, to help employees improve their knowledge and develop new skills. With competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more, Landstar employees are well supported as reflected in our employees’ longevity!
At the end of the day, Landstar is an amazing place to work with a positive and enriching workplace culture.
What work will I perform at Landstar?
We are seeking an Operator Compliance Specialist that will work with our Owner-Operators to ensure they are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations while meeting Landstar expectations. You will document, review, and enforce compliance and communicate with the Owner-Operators what is needed to track licensing renewals and expiration dates, for an example, and enter that information into Landstar’s systems.
Experience needed for the role.
- Process DOT Medical Certificates, CDL’s, MVRs for annual reviews, and endorsements of contracted owner-operators
- Notify owner-operators of random drug and alcohol testing per federal guidelines
- Scan, and index documents in an efficient and timely manner
- Process passenger authorizations
- Audit and maintain files
- Review and process any citations received by owner-operators
- Counsels or terminates owner-operator contracts according to procedure
- Provide resolution for operator issues via phone and email
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to bring to Landstar
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Compute rate, ratio, and percentages
- Problem solve
- Data entry skills, 88+ kpm
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle competing demands
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries (AS400) preferred but not required
- Speak effectively in front of groups of customers or employees to explain regulations, procedures, etc.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school or 4 years of equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years of experience required with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulation.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America