50319 - Load Management Coordinator - 394
What is Landstar?
At Landstar, we stand for safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered by a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, while providing an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar relies on the expertise, hard work and dedication of our employees to exceed expectations of those we serve. We have a highly diverse workforce that welcomes employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar is a great place to work if you want to be part of a top-notch freight transportation provider with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow.
We pride ourselves with providing multiple opportunities for growth and development. When we have a position to fill, we first tap into our internal talent. We encourage continuous learning through various courses, webinars, and other training, to help employees improve their knowledge and develop new skills. With competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more, Landstar employees are well supported as reflected in our employees’ longevity!
At the end of the day, Landstar is an amazing place to work with a positive and enriching workplace culture.
What work will I perform at Landstar?
We are seeking an Load Management Coordinator and your primary purpose is to review and teach Landstar agents about the latest available tools while promoting best load posting practices. Coordinators will collaborate with Landstar agents within an assigned region to assist with locating and securing the best capacity to cover critical truckload shipments. Protecting the Landstar brand while increasing revenue will be at the forefront of this strategic position.
Experience needed for the role
- Utilize business intelligence data analytics tools to continuously analyze available load posting volume data and trends within an assigned region or area.
- Promote and uphold compliance with Landstar operational excellence standards.
- Gain an understanding of available load posting trends to make recommendations for process improvements and/or technology enhancements.
- Build relationships with Landstar agents to understand their Capacity needs while providing guidance on developing effective load posting practices.
- Assist Landstar agents in securing capacity for critical truckload shipments, educating on available Capacity search tools.
- Administer relationship with third-party load board vendors by opening new accounts, closing existing accounts and troubleshooting basic integration issues along with training on services.
- Effectively manage inbound and outbound call and email queue, to offer timely support and resolution
- Administer random drug test notifications as required by FMCSA regulations while supporting and promoting Landstar’s Compliance initiatives
- Support special projects and other departments as requested.
- Achieve S.M.A.R.T. goals set forth by management
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to bring to Landstar?
- Experience handling high volume of stakeholder interactions.
- Basic geographical knowledge of North America.
- Analytical thought process
- Basic micro-soft office skills -a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Data entry skills 88+ kpm
- 1-3 years of corporate experience required
- High school diploma OR G.E.D. is required
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- One-year related experience and/or training (customer service, sales, transportation); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Six months
- Must be able to work 9am to 6pm CST or 10am to 7pm EST
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America