Programmer/Analyst III - software engineer
Job Title:Programmer Analyst III - Imaging and Document Management
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Team Lead, IT
Design, develop, configure, deploy, and support Landstar Imaging and Document Management technology solutions serving the transportation industry.
- Work within a collaborative team environment to design, develop, test, configure, deploy, and support technology solutions that meet business needs and adhere to department standards of design, quality, security, performance, automation, and low maintenance solutions.
- Work with the Transflo Supply Chain Imaging and Document Management Software.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, BAs, Architects, and IT to determine end-user needs and best solutions.
- Assist users by analyzing complex logic and communicating with the business using non-technical terms.
- Introduce and design proof of concept solutions using new and latest technologies.
- Present designs for technologies, and technical roadmaps to technical and business personnel.
- Produce knowledge base documentation for the ongoing support of technology solutions.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and restore to normal condition.
- Participate in requirements, story refinement, design, and code reviews.
- Participate as a proactive learner of new technologies as introduced into the technology stack.
- Maintain a 24/7 state of operational readiness and be available for regularly scheduled on call days.
- Stay abreast of current and future technology trends and lead adoption of new technologies.
- Research, initiate, and lead execution of process and technical improvements.
- Assist in deployment and support of variety of technology stacks.
- Experience leading all phases of Microsoft platform software development and support lifecycles.
- Successful as technical lead for design, development, support, and maintenance of medium to large systems with minimal supervision.
- Recent hands on development experience at a senior level of custom back office applications.
- Ability to independently research, understand, develop, and support applications and APIs written in C#.
- Independent team player with a desire to produce a quality product and be committed to the quality improvement process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong written and verbal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to identify multiple ways to deliver technical solutions and articulate relative strengths and weaknesses of the choices.
- Initiative and drive to go beyond what is required.
- Experience Mentoring and developing the staff’s technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and troubleshooting expertise.
- Willingness to learn and grow technical skills and knowledge.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Knowledge of Truckload Carriers, Transportation, and Supply Chain Logistics, preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferred
- Minimum of seven years of related professional software development experience
ESSENTIAL DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- Mastery, C#, .net Core
- Mastery, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, GIT
- Mastery, Systems Integration, APIs, Services, JSON, XML
- Mastery, UML, design patterns and object-oriented principles.
- Mastery, SOA and n-tier architecture.
- Expert, Cloud based Azure development.
- Expert, Containers, Kubernetes
- Expert, Recent Angular versions
- Expert, SQL Server, MongoDB, Microsoft IIS
- Proficient, Security using SAML and Open ID Connect.
- Proficient, Rabbit MQ
- Proficient, SQL skills including stored procedures and user-defined functions.
- Proficient, Kendo UI and Bootstrap
- Proficient, Mobile technology is a plus
- Proficient, UX design is a plus
- Proficient, Transflo Supply Chain Imaging and Document Management Software
- Preferred, Experience with IBMi DB2 Database
- Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America