The Niagara Falls/Grand Island KOA Holiday is just seven miles from the unforgettable Niagara Falls and just 13 miles from the bustling city of Buffalo, NY. Located on Grand Island, which hosts two State Parks, bike paths, fishing in the Niagara River or two of the five Great Lakes, and several casinos. There's so much to see or do, you'll never be bored. Our campground offers seasonal camping in RVs, Cabins, Deluxe Cabins, and tents.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and outgoing person to join our team a Recreation Attendant. If you enjoy meeting new people, working in a fun yet challenging environment, and helping families create memories to last a lifetime we want to talk to you!
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
The Recreation Attendant (RA) assists the Recreation Lead in planning, organizing, executing, and leading recreation activities at the campground such as arts and crafts, games, sports, dramatics, music, social activities, hobbies, and themed weekends. The RA is an enthusiastic, outgoing, creative team member who enjoys working with people of all ages. Being a people person with an engaging smile is imperative when relating with guests. This is a highly visible, customer centric position that requires strong interpersonal customer service skills. Create an environment that is comfortable, fosters teamwork, allows everyone to be themselves, and reinforces KOA’s culture that camping is fun and for everyone.
- Help in preparations for events from start to finish.
- Assist in creating a detailed events calendar that cohesively supports the campground, and guests of all age ranges.
- Create supply lists and provide to Recreation Lead as needed.
- Take pictures of activities and obtain necessary photo release documentation for all individuals in photos.
- In coordination with the marketing department, prepare fun and engaging social media posts.
- Coordinate and prepare all food and beverage items, equipment, awards, and entertainment as needed for each event.
- Maintain and clean recreation equipment and facilities.
- Always keep recreation areas and facilities clean and free of debris.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining rules, and encouraging their participation.
- Explain the rules of activities and instruct participants at a variety of skill levels
- Enforce safety rules to prevent injury.
- Modify activities to suit the needs of specific groups, such as seniors or small children.
- Administer basic first aid if needed and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Clean, set-up, and breakdown the equipment that is used in recreational activities daily.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, customer service, quality and cleanliness while promoting an atmosphere of fun.
- Maintain health standards and ensure guests and team members are in a safe and secure environment.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Fun and engaging recreation activities for guests of all ages.
- Recreation equipment and spaces are clean and orderly.
- Promoting and encouraging participation in the campground’s recreation activities.
- Providing great customer service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with ability to manage confrontation.
- Basic working knowledge of recreational activities.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Hiring Rate $14.20
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Saturday, April 8, 2023
- Job End Date Friday, October 13, 2023
- 2570 Grand Island Blvd, Grand Island, NY 14072, USA