Love Camping and the Outdoors?
Join our Team!
Just over 2 hours from the Northeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park, the Billings KOA Holiday is the World's 1st KOA.
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
Guest Experience Supervisor and/or Guest Services Lead
The Guest Guide collaborates closely with the guest services representatives to lead customers to their site after registration. They assist by selling and delivering ice and firewood, enforcing campground rules, picking up trash and emptying trash receptacles, responding to messaging services, doing basic housekeeping duties, and performing light maintenance and repairs. They provide accurate and concise information about park rules, recreation activities, and directions to destinations. This guest facing position requires exceptional customer service, a can-do attitude, and the ability to support multiple departments as part of a team.
- Assist guests by guiding them to their sites, and with other customer service needs.
- Sell and deliver ice and firewood.
- Keep grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and empty trash receptacles.
- Ensure the cleanliness of grounds, landscaped areas, parking lots, restrooms, pool, and office areas.
- Clean campsites by performing minor maintenance tasks such as raking the campsite pad, washing tables, and cleaning out fire rings.
- Collaborate with housekeeping staff by assisting in tidying restrooms and common areas and communicating daily housekeeping needs.
- Interact with guests and make recommendations for things to do in local area.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of equipment and use of chemicals.
- Make minor carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Approach all encounters with guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Report all disturbances to management or in emergencies, to the local authorities without attempting to discipline or apprehend any campground violators.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Visually appealing and well-maintained campground that is free of trash and debris.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and the ability to work with individuals of all ages.
- Display mature judgment, loyalty, poise, tact, and discretion.
- Projects are completed property, safely and timely.
- Positive attitude toward the campground environment.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and campground guests.
- Experience in campground or comparable position.
- Office and light maintenance work in high public contact area.
- Read, write, and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- 547 Garden Ave, Billings, MT 59101, USA