ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
Assistant General Manager and/or Guest Experience Supervisor
The Recreation Lead (RL) is responsible for planning, organizing, executing, and leading recreation activities at the campground such as arts and crafts, games, sports, dramatics, music, social activities, hobbies, and themed weekends. The RL is an enthusiastic, outgoing, creative leader who enjoys working with people of all ages. Being a people person with an engaging smile is imperative when relating with guests. Having a mix of free and for-pay activities to improve ancillary income is essential and improves the guest experience. This is a highly visible, customer centric position that requires strong interpersonal customer service skills.
- Coordinate and supervise all preparations for events from start to finish.
- Create and execute a detailed events calendar that cohesively supports the campground, and guests of all age ranges. Events and recreation schedule are to be uploaded regularly to koa.com.
- Create supply lists and procure vendors as needed.
- Take pictures of activities and obtain necessary photo release documentation for all individuals in photos.
- In coordination with the marketing department, prepare fun and engaging social media posts.
- Coordinate, prepare and purchase all food and beverage items, equipment, awards, and entertainment as needed for each event.
- Maintain and clean recreation equipment and facilities.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining rules, and encouraging their participation.
- Explain the rules of activities and instruct participants at a variety of skill levels
- Enforce safety rules to prevent injury.
- Modify activities to suit the needs of specific groups, such as seniors or small children.
- Administer basic first aid if needed and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Organize and set up the equipment that is used in recreational activities.
- Manage activities schedule to ensure adequate staffing to support the event and the guest’s needs.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, customer service, quality and cleanliness while promoting an atmosphere of fun.
- Aid AGM with hiring and training a diverse team and updating management on team performance.
- Confer with management in order to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
- Evaluate recreation areas, facilities, and services in order to determine if they are producing desired results.
- Maintain health standards and ensure guests and team members are in a safe and secure environment.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
- Directed by GM/AGM, monitor and implement the department safety program, which ensures that all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Recreation program is well organized and managed within budget.
- Activities are well prepared, timely, fun and creative.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with a professional attitude towards guests and staff.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation.
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team.
- Strong working knowledge of recreational activities.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read and maintain a budget.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.00
- Swannanoa, NC 28778, USA