REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT OAK
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
This Region includes MT, CA, WY, Northern UT
Prefer candidates currently living within the indicated region
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc's overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of properties inthe United States and in Canada.
Senior Vice President, OAK
The Regional Vice president will assume leadership for strategically planning and leading an assigned number of OAK properties. By practicing the following principles of earning trust, demonstrating integrity, practicing accountability to being the KOA culture, delivering respectful candor, and insisting on excellence, the RVP will provide leadership, operational administration and people/team development aligned with KOA’s Culture, Mission, Vision & Values.
- Drive regional financial performance, guest satisfaction, and quality assurance.
- Develop and deliver regional budget by collecting property budgets from general managers.
- Oversee the successful onboarding of acquisition properties into the assigned region.
- Lead regional general management team to build high performance teams dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals across properties.
- Communicate effectively with regional GMs to identify and develop key talent into KOA’s training pipeline.
- Partner with Associate Director of Real Estate Development to recommend, plan, and oversee capital projects across assigned region.
- Partner with Director of OAK Marketing to design and implement marketing vision for the regional properties.
- Partner with Director of Revenue OAK to drive revenue for the regional properties.
- Develop strong working relationship with the Directors of Accounting to streamline processes and provide clarity around accounting practices for general management team.
- Full & ongoing participation in KOA Leadership & Team Development Programs.
- Monitor the implementation of the department safety program which ensures that all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment and complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Meet annual plan.
- Meet KOA’s target for guest satisfaction through Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Net Promoter Scores.
- Meet KOA’s target for employee engagement & experience metrics through organizational Employee Experience & Engagement Survey scores and employee feedback.
- Capital projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent teams with a focus on developing future campground managers.
- Model accountability to KOA’s Culture
- 5 - 10 years campground or related management experience
- Professional customer, employee and associate relations
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in campground management and operations
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K Company Contributions
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $125,000.00
- Travel Required Yes