ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Love the outdoors? Join our team! We're close to Arches Nat'l Park, with red rocks and beautiful views surrounding the campground. Restaurants and shopping in Downtown Moab are just 10 minutes away.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Housekeeping Manager and/or Housekeeping Supervisor
Housekeepers are responsible for the overall cleanliness of the campground including the public space areas and all accommodations according to standards. All areas should be efficiently cleaned within the allotted times while providing great guest service.
- Perform the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning programs for specific buildings and facilities as outlined by immediate supervisor or manager.
- Use appropriate cleaning chemicals on appropriate items and only as trained. Do not mix chemicals together or use straight out of original bottle. Must use appropriate safety measures such as gloves.
- Be aware of blood borne pathogen procedures and contact supervisor when needed.
- Bring all lost and found items to main office with cabin number and date on them. If it is something valuable, it needs to be given directly to a housekeeping supervisor to ensure it is locked up immediately.
- Provide excellent and friendly guest service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to all guests needs. Greet the guests at every opportunity by demonstrating a friendly welcome.
- Present a positive impression with a well-groomed appearance, smiles and proper KOA uniform and name tag.
- Submit a list of supplies (i.e., toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, cleaning supplies and equipment, etc.) that need to be replenished on an as-needed basis to your immediate supervisor or manager.
- Report all broken or damaged items within all KOA buildings, facilities and premises via a maintenance slip.
- Report all customer problems, requests or complaints to campground manager or your supervisor and follow-up to resolve the issue if possible.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Very clean and well-maintained campground buildings that are completed in an efficient timely manner.
- Achieve Net Promotor Score that reflects satisfied happy guests as related to the cleanliness of the campground and attentiveness of housekeeping staff.
- Friendly greeting, smiles and professional attitude dedicated to serving the needs of our guests.
- An attitude that demonstrates cooperation and team spirit with all staff members.
- Timely reporting of all guest concerns and requests, as well as, follow-up and corrective action on the areas under the team member’s capabilities.
- Using safe work practices to avoid accidents of both guests and team members.
- Basic reading abilities
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must be able to operate a golf cart
- Ability to work under wet and slippery conditions
- Basic knowledge of safety procedures including chemical properties, handling, and usage
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Able to push and/or pull approximately 200 pounds
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Long periods of standing, bending, kneeling and walking
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Capable of moving safely over uneven terrain
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 14, 2023
- Job End Date Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- 3225 S Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532, USA