ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
General Manager and Assistant General Manager
The Property Engineer (PE) oversees the day-to-day operations of the maintenance and grounds department in support of an OAK property. The PE leads a team of Maintenance Engineers and Groundskeepers to keep the property clean, safe, well-maintained and in good working order. They ensure all maintenance functions, including preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner and are safety compliant. They also use technical skills to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints and other documents related to their work. The PE has a customer friendly attitude with a focus on responding to guest requests and repair needs. They will perform advanced troubleshooting of campground Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems. The PE will train and mentor a diverse group of other engineers and groundskeepers.
- Enforce and follow proper use of the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Oversee and complete maintenance request and repairs in a timely manner and in order of priority.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of MEP systems located throughout a campground.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and execution of a preventative maintenance program.
- Lead and participate in different maintenance or landscaping projects.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for water, equipment, and alarm panels.
- Effectively communicate each day’s activities and problems to the GM or AGM.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Lead the quarterly safety meetings in coordination with the GM or AGM.
- Obtain certifications to meet state and local government regulations.
- Assist the GM in achieving monthly and annual departmental budget requirements.
- Aid GM with hiring and training a diverse team and updating GM on team performance.
- Prepare reports as required, relating to procedures, efficiency, scheduling, attendance, etc.
- Provide great customer service with a focus on improving guest satisfaction.
- Maintains tool and supply inventories.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual under the direction of the GM.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
- Directed by GM, monitor and implement the department safety program, which ensures all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with a professional attitude towards staff.
- Meet property’s target for OSHA and Safety Meeting requirements.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Precise control and adherence to KOA policies of all maintenance and safety programs.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent and diverse teams with a focus on development.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years experience in a supervisory or higher role in maintenance or related field.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation.
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing procedures.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read and maintain a budget.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA