Plant Engineering/Maintenance Supervisor (Night Shift)
Kindeva is passionate about helping you realize the full potential of your career. We have the vision to see what's possible, the expertise to make it happen and the agility to overcome any challenge along the way. Together, as One Team, we will manufacture more tomorrows.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises maintenance activities and personnel, ensuring safe, accurate and timely response to department service requests, assigned facility PMs, receipt and upkeep of production equipment and maintenance tools.
- Ensures that all procedures and processes (manual and system driven) are followed by trained and authorized personnel.
- Trains, mentors, coaches, develops employees to drive continuous improvement in safety, internal customer support, and cost reduction.
- Uses tools such as Microsoft Excel, ERP, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, Gemba Walks, 5S, Value Stream Mapping and others to reduce risk and improve safety, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides direct supervision to regular maintenance employees and contract employees.
- Prioritizes and schedule work assignments for maintenance team.
- Drives improvements to general maintenance, and production performance by incorporating lean principles and cycle time reduction strategies.
- Works closely with the site management team to maintain high levels of employee satisfaction through the support of downtime projects and operational improvements.
- Works closely with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain to ensure alignment to business requirements and compliances.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training of employees. Assists with appraising performance including recognition and rewards and feedback and discipline recommendations. Provides coaching, mentoring, training and development in the areas of site maintenance, lock out tag out, predictive and preventative maintenance, etc.
- Leads Kaizen events to better understand issues, apply 5S methodology, and improve production/maintenance efficiency.
- Actively participates in the safety committee and encourages “safety first” behavior and submittal of safety suggestions. Promptly investigates and reports all incidents/accidents and participates in mitigation actions as appropriate.
- Reviews/Maintains complete record of maintenance related activities and work orders.
- Actively participates in any major infrastructure change projects that relate to the production/maintenance functions. Provides input as requested.
- Looks for any and all opportunities to contribute to Kindeva’s bottom line by identifying savings opportunities as they relate to the acquisition of site and canteen supplies.
- Works with site leadership to minimize the use of 3rd party contractors for tasks and projects that can be safely and more cost effectively handled by the maintenance team.
- Authorizes procurement of tools and equipment within approved limits
- Approves department work hours and authorize overtime as needed
- Recommends and collaborates on capital equipment and improvements associated with maintenance/production activities
Key Working Relationships
- This role must maintain strong working relationships within Plant Engineering, cross-functionally with internal business partners and with peers across the globe when needed.
- Interacts with internal customers and suppliers to coordinate service needs and schedules.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-6 years relevant work experience in maintenance/asset management environment.
- Prior lead or supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to interface with internal customers, management and outside vendors.
- Intermediate computer skills that include Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel), ERP Systems, 3rd party web-based portals
- Comfortable with the use of hand tools (manual and electric) for basic work on: plumbing, carpet and floor care, signage, wall repair and painting, and grounds keeping tools like trimmers, chain saws, string trimmers, etc.
- Possess a ‘can-do’, safety first attitude when it comes to taking on new challenges.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- General understanding of maintenance, mechanical, and electrical functions in a pharma GMP environment.
- Team coaching, mentoring, training, cross training.
- Experience with HMI interface using RSLogix
- 2+ yrs experience in a highly regulated industry (pharmaceutical, aerospace, medical device, etc.).
- 4+ yrs experience in janitorial/custodial functions.
- 2+ yrs experience working in a bilingual environment (English/Spanish).
Northridge Plant Engineering General Supervisor
No external travel needed beyond picking up tools/materials from local stores or distributors.
Northridge, California, USA
Kindeva offers a comprehensive benefit package and resources for employees.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $74,288.00
- Max Hiring Rate $111,433.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Northridge, Los Angeles, CA, USA