IDD Packaging Technician
Kindeva is passionate about helping you realize the full potential of your career. We have the vision to see what's possible, the expertise to make it happen and the agility to overcome any challenge along the way. Together, as One Team, we will manufacture more tomorrows.
Summary of Position:
Kindeva is navigating a period of dynamic change and growth. We are looking for a talented Packaging Technician to join our team. Line leader set ups, operates and troubleshoot equipment. Responsible for production, recognition of safety hazards, quality, and escalations to maintenance Department Supervisor and Quality.
- Works closely with maintenance personnel to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Must be efficient in serialization process.
- In accordance with Safety and SOP's, GMP's and Pkg Standards, cleans, maintains sets up and adjust all packaging machinery.
- Makes adjustments as necessary to packaging equipment to ensure finished product quality conformance.
- Records information on shop orders, manufacturing orders, changes log books, labels, etc., in accordance with SOP and GMP requirements.
- Checks and verifies count of material delivered to lines by warehouse personnel and label vault prior to line startup.Counts and prepares returns to warehouse and if needed to the label vault at conclusion of run. Counts and prepares pallets of finished goods for transfer to warehouse.
- Monitors line operations continuously. May need to monitor more than one line at a time on some occasions.
- Performs all department operations consistently at standard cost and quality levels and has sufficient knowledge of job duties to act as SME for training purposes.
- Operates manual and power pallet jacks and must be licensed to operate forklifts.
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback. Provide unbiased input on performance of operators and agency workers.
- Knows and uses good safety practices and takes ownership for running of a safe operation.
- Performs general housekeeping duties and specific cleaning of the area. Performs specific equipment and facility cleaning procedures in accordance with SOP's and GMP's.
- Recognizes quality improvement opportunities that apply to area.Sets error free goals and works for successful completion of those goals.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Attends and participates in the Tier 1 process
- Follows procedures for Vorne usage on the line.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- When required, may be asked to cover for and/or relieve operators on the packaging line
- Performs material handling operations as required
- Operates manual & powered pallet jacks; is required to operate a forklift
- Functions as the SME packaging technician for training purposes for all of the required packaging equipment
- As required, participates in engineering equipment and process improvement projects
- May be required to temporarily change shifts, work mandatory overtime or to help in other sections/departments in IDD and to attend overtime meetings
- Takes the initiative to help when required or needed within the total production operation
- Hazardous Waste Duties including handling or generating hazardous waste.
- Hazardous Waste Duties including preparing hazardous waste for shipment and/or loading hazardous waste onto transport units
Skills & Experience
- Excellent attention to details is essential
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions; able to read, write legibly, understand and communicate in English
- Must become certified in job performance within the specified amount of time allowed
- Uses a calculator and has good basic math skills including metric conversions and percentages
- Excellent team work & interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate process and equipment information to co-workers and FOT management
- Physical effort involves lifting 25-65 lbs (latter on occasion)
- Good mechanical skills; ensures that packaging equipment is correctly assembled and operating per established standards and procedures
- Uses good time management; plans daily tasks for an efficient operation and the effective use of resources
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Attend and participate in the Tier 1 Process.
- Must be able to weigh items for reconciliation.
Kindeva offers a comprehensive benefit package and resources for employees.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.63
- Max Hiring Rate $32.51
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Northridge, Los Angeles, CA, USA