Team Leader -Doni/Torsion Assembly 3rd Shift
Green Bay, WI - Manufacturing, 1330 Bellevue St, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America Req #1935
Saturday, May 6, 2023
At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI, a world class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational, and healthcare environments, is seeking a full-time Team Leader to join our Green Bay manufacturing facility on our 3rd shift. 3rd shift individuals receive an hourly shift differential of $3.00. A $1.00/hour raise is also given within the first year of employment.
The Team Leader position is an intermediate leadership position responsible for operations of an assembly area.
To learn more about KI, please visit www.ki.com
- Leads the assembly area activities on a daily basis and assigns tasks to assembly cell technicians
- The Team Leader works closely with Lean Process Managers, Managers, and Engineers as needed, as well as all production technicians in the area.
- Primary role is to ensure all assembly cell technicians are supplied with what is needed to continue producing and minimize interruptions
- Maintain and support schedules including shift hand off communication, ordering of parts (cardboard, components, foam, etc..), and actively performing scheduling tasks between fab and assembly in cells with this process in place
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Preferably have prior experience working in a manufacturing environment in a leadership role.
- Have a strong mechanical ability
- Perform well on their own as well as with a team
- Have strong communication skills
- Have sound decision making ability
- Have safe work habits
Value Added Skills:
- Leadership skills
- Team Player
- Computer knowledge
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to train on any shift
- Positive Attitude
- Working in areas where it can get warm
- Working in a smoke free environment
- Activities including standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to assist in any given area of the plant if your area is slow
- This is a 3rd Shift position
- Hours are 10pm-6pm Sunday night- Friday Morning
- $3.00 shift premium
- Overtime during busy season
KI offers a welcoming work culture with competitive benefits for eligible employees. Benefits include:
- 100% Employee ownership
- Competitive health, dental, & vision insurance
- A 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness resources, including an on-site fitness center and a fitness reimbursement program
- An educational reimbursement program
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and EAP.
- Sick pay
- Monthly Performance Bonus
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Manufacturing, 1330 Bellevue St, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America