Behavioral Health Supervisor
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and 15 paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Crown Heights Counseling Center provides individual, couples, family, and group counseling in a comfortable, confidential environment. The licensed mental health professionals provide a wide range of services, including counseling for the aging, metal health assessments and crisis intervention, medication evaluation and management, as well as counseling service for school-age children.
The Behavioral Health Supervisor is a member of the program’s leadership team and is responsible for ensuring clients receive timely access to quality clinical services, providing supervision and professional development of program staff, overseeing administrative functions to support program operations and program compliance with federal, state, and city regulatory bodies and funding entities.
- Identifying gaps in clinical services at the program level and develop potential solutions to fill the gap
- Leading the implementation of evidence based treatment or have direct oversight and responsibility for innovative models of care, in partnership with JB training department and/or external agencies
- Ensuring clients have timely access to care by ensuring admissions and discharges are completed in a timely manner, assigning cases in a timely manner and ensuring clinicians have adequate case load sizes to minimize clients’ wait for services
- Monitoring show rates and appointment availability
- Providing direct services to clients, as needed, including intakes and crisis interventions
- Supervision of crisis intervention services
- Implementation of quality improvement initiatives
- Participating in quality assurance activities such as chart reviews and utilization management
- Providing individual and group supervision to program staff
- Integrating recovery, rehabilitation, treatment and vocational components of the program, as appropriate
- Monitoring and following up on program incidents
- Facilitating team meetings, case conferences, and other meetings as assigned
- Ensuring program and staff are in compliance with regulations and standards of care that govern the program
- Utilizing a variety of electronic databases to monitor billing and address any fiscal or billing issues that arise
- Identifying and developing systems to improve program operations
- May serve as back up to other program leadership, assuming responsibility for operations in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Behavioral Health Supervisor of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in human services and New York State clinical licensure in social work (LCSW).
- Solid clinical skills and knowledgeable of evidence-based practices.
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and communication skills.
- Experience working with electronic medical records and proficient with use of Microsoft Office software.
If you join us, you’ll have these great benefits:
- Generous paid time off in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
Who we are:
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, high-quality, and compassionate mental health and social services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families to children, teens, and adults. We are proud to employ and serve people of all religions, races, cultural backgrounds, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams to help support our mission, and we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply to work with us.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Supervisors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Min Hiring Rate $25,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 1055 St Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11213, USA