At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and 15 paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
This position works directly with adults living with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI and substance use disorders (SUD) living in NYC Mental Health Shelters and/or living in supportive housing programs or their own residences in the community. Case managers use a recovery oriented approach to link clients to the services they need to obtain housing and to achieve wellness self-management. Working in a team setting and primarily in the field, Case Managers assess risk and needs, develop person centered care plans, provide care management services, track and arrange appointments, educate clients and coordinate other aspects of clients’ health and community services. As this is an evolving program, additional responsibilities will be added.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Comprehensive assessment of client within 30 days of entry into program.
- Work closely with team to visit each client a minimum of 6 times monthly.
- Integration of medical, specialized and behavioral health services in addition to social support and/or educational support services
- Attend scheduled team meetings and one-on-one supervisions
- Collaborative development of an Individualized Care Plan (ICP) with the client, the client’s family and/or caregivers in addition to other service providers, and review and revise ICP per regulatory standards or when there are significant changes in functioning or clinical status.
- Provide care management services
- Assure that client has access to, engages in and retains needed services as defined in the ICP.
- Provide outreach services to clients to increase engagement in services identified on individualized care plan
- Complete all required documentation
- Provide after-hours emergency coverage via cell phone on rotating basis
- Master’s level degree in human services field with appropriate NYS licensure (e.g. LMSW, LMHC, LCSW, MFT, Creative Arts Therapist, Master’s or Doctorate in Psychology), or a CASAC or Rehabilitation Counselor.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 1007 Quentin Rd, Brooklyn, NY 11223, USA