Therapist $4000 SIGN-ON BONUS
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Therapists are caring, positive role models who work one-on-one or in small groups to help our clients build skills so they can lead safe, full, and independent lives.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here.
- Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work and live in, and includes people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous paid time off, which includes 3 weeks of vacation, 15 paid holidays and 15 paid sick days will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health vision and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- This position is hybrid allowing for work at home as well as in the office with the team.
We offer flexible work schedules with an opportunity to obtain supervision towards your clinical license
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? JBFCS is looking for compassionate, dedicated people in Staten Island, NY who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends.
Would you thrive in a supportive team environment? Learning and growing every day? Working with a small caseload of families?
You will receive ongoing team support, training and supervision in the Multi-systemic Therapy (MST) model as you work holistically with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed.
Working with us:
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Therapist will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through
- Intensive interventions such as skill building:
- Changing unhelpful family interactions
- Increasing social support, to name a few
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTION:
- Conduct assessment including review of referral information, identify and engage key participants, identify strengths and weaknesses and collaboratively develop goals.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Provide services or primarily within the client’s home and community. Hybrid model (use of Zoom sessions) also offered
- Adhere to the fidelity of the model. Work within the model’s structure, regarding length of treatment, case contacts, interventions, supervision, and documentation.
- Participate in consultations with the model developer. Audio/video record sessions for training and supervision purposes.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation in case record
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related subject area.
- New graduates encouraged to apply
- Licensure not required
If you join us, you’ll also have these great benefits:
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 358 St Marks Pl, Staten Island, NY 10301, USA