Fixed Income Trader - Municipal Trader
We are looking to add trading depth to the municipal bond desk in Philadelphia. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior trader with some experience to join a very successful department with a lot of room for potential growth. This role will require a highly motivated individual looking to learn and grow in a team first environment.
What you are good at:
- Taxable/Tax-Exempt Municipal Bond Trading Position
- Manage, maintain and monitor flow trading including pricing, bids/offers, and open orders and trades
- Provide solid market commentary to Fixed Income sales
- Generate trade ideas and assess relative value
- Build and maintain relationships with salespeople and liquidity providers in the space
What you have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of municipal trading experience
- Series 7 and 63 or ability to obtain within 6 months
- BA preferred
- Strong history of working with Fixed Income sales to provide liquidity needs for institutional clients
- Ability to leverage Fixed Income Sales team to source product
- Strong analytical and communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Bloomberg
This role will be hybrid, the individual will work approximately three days per week in the office. Individuals hired to work for a team/manager based in our Philadelphia, PA office.
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm.
Fostering a positive workplace experience remains a top priority. We’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification, which recognizes employers that create an outstanding employee experience. Based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Janney, this prestigious recognition underscores our commitment to our people and culture.
People are our strongest asset. We recognize that when our team members thrive, our firm is more successful.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America