Business Development Consultant
The Business Development & Teaming group is part of the Practice Management Group and takes a consultative approach to working with and training Financial Advisors (FAs), Branch Office Managers (BOMs), and various branch support staff. Their primary goal is to drive organic growth, holistic advice centered around financial planning, increase practice efficiency through technology, as well as support teaming and succession strategies.
The business development consultants are regionally assigned and will partner with their regional Business Development Coach (BDC), Regional Manager (RM) and subject matter experts (SMEs) to create a plan to achieve regional goals.
This individual plays a critical role in demonstrating Janney’s technology suite to new FA recruits for their region and providing essential trainings to FAs and their support team when they join Janney. They are also instrumental in providing ongoing trainings for system upgrades and enhancements.
What you are good at:
- Building Relationships: drive organic growth, holistic advice centered around financial planning, increase practice efficiency through technology, as well as support teaming and succession strategies
- Organization: Strong organization skills and ability to effectively coordinate training sessions, roundtables, events, onboarding recruits, and supporting advisors through teaming & succession transitions
- Educating: You enjoy educating and helping others learn new things to achieve success
- Team Oriented: PMTs work closely with the Regional Business Development Coach, Regional Manager and subject matter experts (SMEs) in their territory to deliver a team-based approach to servicing the field
- Partner with the BDCs, RMs and SMEs on achieving regional goals
- Participate in quarterly branch managers calls and co-create a branch development plan including education on practice technology, marketing campaigns, and bringing Wealth Management and Marketing stakeholders from the home office.
- Host training sessions in person and virtually on keystone themes around business development and practice technology.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the region for Janney’s productivity tools and related technology and deliver presentations (live and virtual).
- Provide reactive consultations for advisors within the region looking to improve their business. This includes responding to questions on how to use Janney technology to improve their practice efficiency and scale, team dynamics, client segmentation, service model, pricing, financial planning, and other practice management related themes.
- Provide book level reviews for financial advisors on a consulting basis to identify opportunities for business growth.
- Support FA recruiting efforts for the region by providing demonstrations during the FA recruiting process and training during FA onboarding on key business technology in the JanneyApps suite. This includes Morningstar, Advisor Dashboard, CRM, etc.
- Respond to inquiries into the team support lines in a professional manner and with the intent to educate as well as inform.
- Partner with our learning and professional development team, in designing and developing training initiatives and learning resources.
- Act as a liaison with appropriate business units when new technology tools are introduced at Janney to ensure inclusion in technology training with the Private Client Group.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Education, or Communications majors desired
- 2+ years experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience in training, educating, and coaching advisors in the financial services field a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- General technological proficiency; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the organization; ability to deliver group presentations in learning environments.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to analyze as well as evaluate information and data; ability to work in a solution-oriented environment; ability to quickly adapt to changing needs.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-35% of the time to support the onboarding of recruits and regional training initiatives.
- This is a hybrid role, expected to be in a Janney office 3 days per week. When not traveling, this role is located in our Philadelphia office.
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm.
Fostering a positive workplace experience remains a top priority. We’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification, which recognizes employers that create an outstanding employee experience. Based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Janney, this prestigious recognition underscores our commitment to our people and culture.
People are our strongest asset. We recognize that when our team members thrive, our firm is more successful.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America