Equity Options & ETF Trader
As an Equity, Option & ETF Retail Trader you will be building relationships with Janney FAs to better service their clients in meeting their financial goals. The PCG Trading team within Janney Montgomery Scott is primarily responsible for providing our Financial Advisors with access to domestic and international markets as well as support for Equity, Option and ETF products. Expectations are that you would have a passion for the equity markets, excellent risk management skills, and be able to make decisions with minimal oversight. Additionally, an attention to detail is a must as your decisions have a direct impact on our clients, while exposing the firm to regulatory, financial and reputational risk. If you have the desire to work in a fast-paced team environment and be a problem solver and subject matter expert, this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
What you have:
- High ethical standards and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of internal and external trading systems and related tools, including, but not limited to, Bloomberg, ThomsonOne, BETA, FlexTrade and 3rd party electronic trading platforms
- Data and Information Analysis
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with competing demands for resources.
- Demonstrate an interest/knowledge in financial markets
- Sound time management skills
- Collaborative spirit and a team player
- Assists and executes orders for Equities, Options and Exchange Traded Funds
- Works in a team environment to assist FAs in the implementation of general and administrative issues.
- Reviews all activity for accuracy of account information
- Ensures correct ticket entry and order routing
- Maintains communication with sales desk and assists in resolving any settlement issues
- Monitors all daily electronic trading activity and determines where certain trades should be routed for execution
- Handles a high volume of inbound trading and service-related calls
- Reconciles daily and/or monthly reports, as assigned
- Ensures FA service satisfaction and proactively seeks ways to improve desk service to the field
- Understands current market structure and regulatory environment to mitigate firm risk
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and financial. regulatory concerns to minimize risk to clients and Janney
- Identify improvements to process and technology to enhance control environment and streamline workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience trading Equities, Options, & ETFs
- FINRA Series 7, 57 and 63 required
- Experience in trading Preferred Securities
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America