Human Resources Specialist
- The Human Resources Specialist aids with and facilitates the HR processes of all 125+ business locations and 2 business divisions.
- Responsible and accountable for thoroughly updating various data fields in modules of our HCMS as well as administrative support for the HR team, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HCMS entry.
- Expected to own and administer employee onboarding experience.
- Assist with project work to further the Total Rewards team's yearly goals and objectives.
- Manage communications across the HR department with responsibility of analytics.
- Responsible for processing and managing all personnel changes including but not limited to, new hires, terminations, and transfers in HCMS.
- Distribute onboarding requirements and documents to employees and managers, including administration of fingerprinting and Form I-9.
- Work closely with Recruiting, Benefits and Payroll to ensure accuracy of employee data in the system and resolve issues when necessary.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee or people managers requests and questions.
- Prepare and maintain all personnel records for new hires, active, and terminated employees including Form I-9 documents.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to accomplish department goals and collaborate on the new employee experience.
- Administer, manage, and analyze HR gift programs such as welcome gifts and service awards for maintenance and process improvements.
- Maintain compliance with applicable state labor law posting requirements and manage relationship with poster vendor.
- Provide various reports as needed to the HR department, senior management, and other internal stakeholders. Management reporting including weekly new hire and termination reports and semi-annual reporting of staff employment anniversary and birth dates. Automate and streamline reports where possible for distribution on an ongoing basis.
- Manage supply inventory for HR department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years working in a technical HR role
- Certifications: SHRM-CP or SPHR preferred
Skills: Time management, organizational, interpersonal, customer service, communication, excel, HCMS (Ceridian Dayforce preferred), detail oriented
Physical (if applicable):
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America