Senior UMA Trade Specialist
The Senior UMA Trade Specialist will work in Janney’s Wealth Management department as a part of PCG Trading. The Senior Specialist has a deep understanding of how separately managed account (SMA) platforms. and unified managed account (UMA) trading platforms operate. They will be instrumental in helping insource Janney’s UMA trading program with minimal risk and a smooth transition. Once up and running they will be responsible for daily trade implementation and will provide insight on how new technologies can be utilized to help build and grow the Janney UMA Platform.
What you are good at:
- Analytical Ability: Able to effectively review information and data to identify issues and opportunities
- Organization and Time Management: Able to structure the timing of operational workflow to reliably and accurately complete multiple tasks under frequent time constraints
- Initiative: Proactively look for opportunities to enhance systems and procedures
- Building Relationships: Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships
- Assist in migration of SMA to UMA platforms
- Lead training efforts for UMA trading specialists
- Daily trade implementation of the UMA program
- Identify areas of risk and implement strategies to mitigate
- Actively mine for new technologies that will help build a robust platform
- Collaborate with other teams to maximize efficiencies and assist with technology and risk initiatives
- Provide excellent client service and follow up where appropriate
- Utilize analytical skills to identify process and workflow enhancements to the trading platform.
- Serve on trading committees to address risk
What you have:
- High ethical standards and excellent attention to detail, with an eye toward risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with competing demands for resources
- Demonstrate an interest/knowledge in financial systems, trading platforms, technology and development
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Collaborative spirit and a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of related industry experience
- Series 7 and 66 required
- Experience with Vestmark trading platform required
- Experience trading equities, fixed income and mutual funds
- Envestnet, Investcloud, Advent, Charles River or Bloomberg a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Visual Basic, Microsoft Office based applications
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America