UMA Trade Specialist
The UMA Trade Specialist will work in Janney’s Wealth Management department as a part of PCG Trading. The specialist has an understanding of how separately managed account (SMA) and unified managed account (UMA) desks operate as well as general trading knowledge. This individual has a desire to help build and grow the Janney UMA Platform.
What you are good at:
- Analytical Ability: Able to effectively review information and data to identify issues and opportunities
- Organization and Time Management: Able to structure the timing of operational workflow to reliably and accurately complete multiple tasks under frequent time constraints
- Initiative: Proactively look for opportunities to enhance systems and procedures
- Building Relationships: Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships
- Daily trade implementation of the unified managed account (UMA) program.
- Utilize analytical skills to identify process and workflow enhancements to the trading platform.
- Assist in training efforts for SMA trading specialists
- Provide excellent client service and follow up where appropriate.
- Provide trade support to managers and FAs using the Vestmark trading tool.
- Enhance user experience by partnering with FAs to understand trading goals and maximize efficiency with appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams to maximize efficiencies and assist with technology initiatives
What you have:
- High ethical standards and excellent attention to detail, with an eye toward risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with competing demands for resources
- Demonstrate an interest/knowledge in financial systems and trading platforms
- Sound project and time management skills
- Collaborative spirit and a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related industry experience
- Series 7 required
- Series 66 preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Vestmark trading platform experience a plus
- Experience trading equities, fixed income and mutual funds
- Experience with Checkfree APL, Vestmark, Envestnet, Advent, Charles River or Bloomberg
- Desire to pursue advanced certifications
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Fostering a positive workplace experience remains a top priority. We’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification, which recognizes employers that create an outstanding employee experience. Based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Janney, this prestigious recognition underscores our commitment to our people and culture. People are our strongest asset. We recognize that when our team members thrive, our firm is more successful.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America