Operations Control Analyst
What you are good at:
- Communication: Exceptional written, verbal, and empathetic communication skills
- Customer Service: Able to anticipate and meet customer needs and have a proven ability to develop rapport with external clients and internal customers
- Prioritizing: Operate in a fast-paced environment effectively managing competing priorities and responsibilities to meet critical deadlines
- Building Relationships: Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships
- Monitors daily securities possession or control requirements to ensure compliance with the Customer Protection Rule (15c3-3); proactively communicates deficits and any identified issues to the appropriate Operations departments in order to reduce firm deficits.
- Performs daily, monthly and ongoing controls for the firm’s Fully-Paid Lending program.
- Assists and provides input in the interpretation of new/changing securities rules, regulations, policies or laws; updates processes for compliance to rules and regulations as well as departmental procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of prospectus delivery compliance. Works with Compliance and Risk departments
- Compiles operational account information for internal and external auditors (e.g., FINRA, PwC). Research and compile data for ongoing unclaimed property audits.
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency and productivity improvements to mitigate financial, reputation and regulatory risk; suggests solutions to Operations Control Manager.
- Maintains compliance with SEC 17Ad-17 “Lost Securityholders and Unresponsive Payees” by working with unclaimed property vendor (Keane) to perform due diligence on potentially lost client accounts.
- Identifies and performs due diligence on lost and inactive client accounts that are eligible for escheatment. Facilitates the transfer of cash and assets by working with appropriate departments to ensure the timely delivery to state’s unclaimed property division.
- Responsible for the firm’s bi-monthly Short Interest reporting to FINRA.
- Performs daily review and distribution of break reports to various operations departments.
- Participate in multiple working groups to gain industry knowledge on current regulatory events relating to the Operations Control responsibilities outlined above.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field and a minimum of two years’ experience in the areas of accounting, banking and/or financial services.
• FINRA Series 7 required (or ability to obtain the license within 120 days from hire).
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America