Customer Service Representative
Iteris is looking for a Customer Service Center (CSC) Representative who will be the key connection point between the public and the state DOT, providing travel conditions, initiating work orders (by request), and connecting the public with information and resources.
What you will be doing:
- Provides effective customer service by responding to inquiries and concerns from citizens, visitors to the Commonwealth, and others on a multitude of issues related to state DOT projects, programs, services, and resources
- Uses established protocols and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent responses for inquiries, focusing on addressing the specific issue as quickly as possible
- Interaction with customers is primarily through the use of phone and email, but also use of other technology resources as needed (e.g., entering work orders, referral to Internet and other resources such as VA 511, etc.); refers more complex issues to appropriate designee
- Designated as essential personnel and, as such, all duties associated with this job are required during emergency situations which may include but are not limited to inclement weather, disaster response and emergency operations
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 6 months experience using MS Office including Internet Explorer
- Experience working in a customer service team environment
- Experience involving attention to detail with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and other partners orally and in writing (grammar, voice, and diction) in a customer-focused environment required
- Conflict management skills to effectively deal with all types of customers in a professional manner
- Ability to work extended shifts, holidays, nights, and weekend hours as well as during emergency weather events
- Punctual and reliable schedule adherence
Iteris anticipates paying $15.00 for this role. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Generous Paid-Time-Off [PTO] benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly